Mt. Pisgah Chicago is PROUD to announce that we are one of the City of Chicago’s newest landmarks! Built by notable Chicago architect Alfred S. Alschuler and opened in 1912, our edifice on 46th and King Drive was originally built for the members of the Chicago Sinai Temple and is their longest standing building. During the Civil Rights movement, the Mt. Pisgah congregation would invite Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. to preach from our pulpit on multiple Sunday mornings during his visits to Chicago. Pisgah also became a southside home base for Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. to set up office while working in the city. Between our long standing cultural and civil rights history as well as our beautiful and original architecture, we are proud to have been considered and accepted for landmark status. Check back for information on our official 2020 Landmark Celebration!
Click the below links to learn more about our landmark status.